Our Community: Spring Allergies
Spring allergies can leave you itching, stuffed-up, and miserable for weeks. They can also affect your eye health!
As spring approaches, here are some things that you might want to know about allergy trends here in Westlake.
Certain Factors Increase Spring Allergies
- Warmer overall temperatures
- A really wet fall and winter
- Weather fluctuations going into spring (hot one day, cold the next)
Some authorities are forecasting a rough allergy season this year.
What We Should Be Aware Of, Here In Westlake
The Pollen Count in Westlake, Ohio are pretty low, but as temperatures get a little warmer, they may go up. The local allergens right now are Juniper, Elm, and Maple.
Some Tips For Relieving Eye Irritation At Home
- Pollen can build up on your contact lenses. Consider switching to eyeglasses, daily disposable contacts, for now.
- Pick up some over-the-counter eye drops to help keep eyes clean and calm.
- Resist rubbing your eyes!
- Shower before bed to reduce the exposure to pollens while sleeping.
- Avoid allergens as much as possible. Stay indoors, keep your windows closed, or wear wrap-around glasses outdoors to limit your exposure.
[iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/pgB9PbeQSdw 620 349]
When Should You Come See Us?
If you’ve tried the common-sense remedies above already, and allergies are still driving you crazy, come see us.
We tend to see pink, itchy eyes, and if needed we might recommend an allergy drop to help with your symptoms.